Institute of Health and Health Policy Research partnerships and collaborations
Local partnerships include:
- The DMU Digital Health Care Unit has teamed up with healthcare and industry professionals to promote the use of the latest digital technology to improve patient care. DMU contact is Professor Bertha Ochieng of Health and Social Care, T: +44 (0)116 207 8973 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust provides high quality integrated mental health, learning disability and community health services. This partnership has given us great opportunities for both organisations to come together to advance health research by co funding Clinical Research Associate (CRA) posts. CRA’s work 50 per cent in practice and 50 per cent undertaking practice led research. Susan Corr leads the research at the trust and holds an Honorary Chair in our Institute. Professor Lina Gatsou Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist also holds and Honorary Chair
- University Hospitals of Leicester is one of the biggest and busiest NHS Trusts in the country, serving the one million residents of Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland. We work closely with them to develop world-class teaching to nurture and develop the next generation of healthcare professionals.
- LOROS Hospice, which deliver free, high-quality, compassionate care and support to terminally ill patients, their family and carers and undertake ground breaking research in the field. Consultant Christina Faull holds an Honorary Chair with our institute
- Rainbows Hospice for children and young people provides specialist respite, palliative and end of life care to children and young people with life limiting or life-threatening conditions and support to their families and friends. The Chief Executive Dee Sissons holds an honorary contact with the institute as Research Associate
- Leicester City Council, Professor Bertha Ochieng links with public health in developing services.
Honorary positions within the Institute of Health, Health Policy and Social Care
Karen Harrison Denning – Professor in Dementia
Christina Faul – Professor Palliative and End of Life Care
Susan Corr – Professor Occupational Therapy and Clinical Academic Career Interface
Lyn Furber – Senior Research Fellow Communication, Cancer Care
Lyn Williams - Senior Research Fellow Mental Health
Dee Sissions – Senior Research Associate – Senior Management, Paediatric End of Life Care
Bernard Greaves – Research Associate in LGBT studies
Paula Otter – Research Associate in Occupational Therapy and Clinical Academic Career Interface
Member honorary positions and partnerships
Member hold honorary positions and partnerships with other higher institutes of higher education including:
International partnerships in Cuba, Brazil, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa and Lisbon.
Federal University of Santa Catarina, Florianopolis, Brazil (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) Sex-Work Migration and Health Implications).
CES, University of Coimbra: (Citizenship, Care and Choice: The Micropolitics of Intimacy in Southern Europe) International Advisor.
CES, University of Coimbra: Visiting Lecturer PhD Program in Human Rights, CES, University of Coimbra.
Udine University Italy (Men and Nursing).
Nethersole School of Nursing at The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK).
Visiting Professor, School of Health Sciences, University of Brighton, UK.
Affiliate Associate Professor, University of Washington, Seattle, USA.
Adjunct Research Fellow, School of Nursing Midwifery & Health, Faculty of Health, Victoria University of Wellington, NZ.
Visiting Senior Research Fellow, Association for Dementia Studies, University of Worcester, UK.