At De Montfort University Leicester (DMU), we understand that university is your new beginning and that what you learn in books is just the start. Your degree is a stepping stone to landing your dream career, and when it comes to helping students build their careers, DMU has been named the best university in the UK for doing just that.
DMU’s careers and employability service, known as DMU Works, was named the Best University Careers/Employability Service at the National Undergraduate Employability (NUE) Awards in February 2021. Our award-winning careers support means that by studying with us you will benefit from our careers commitment, giving you access to:
- Guaranteed work experience opportunities for all students.
- Flexible and personalised career support tailored to your needs, including placement years which earn academic credits towards your degree – some of our courses, such as Nursing and Diagnostic Radiography, include guaranteed integrated work placements.
- Industry experience through virtual and in-person placements, internships, and employability mentoring at companies such as ASOS, Disney, HSBC, KPMG, L’Oréal, Microsoft, NHS, Pfizer and Rolls-Royce.
- Unlimited access to digital tools including LinkedIn Learning courses, practice interviews, self-assessments, and personalised CV feedback through the DMU Works Skills Hub.
- Opportunities to work on live industry briefs and to be part of real industry showcases as part of your course, such as Graduate Fashion Week, Congress to Campus and the international Formula Student competition at Silverstone race track – to name a few!
- Real-world experience and teaching by academic staff, guest speakers and lectures from inspiring industry leaders.
- Lifelong careers support for all DMU alumni, with access to networking opportunities, recruitment fairs, and expert one-to-one advice even after you graduate.
- University is a huge investment, and our careers commitment to you is not simply to help you secure a job but to equip you with the skills to thrive, adapt and innovate in our ever-changing world. It’s our goal to help every student achieve their goal - and help you find out what you're made of.