The DMU Security team provide an effective and efficient security service, with the primary objective of providing a safe and secure environment for all staff, students and authorised visitors. Security also engages with both external stakeholders (such as members of the local community and service providers) plus internal stakeholders such as staff and student groups.
New to DMU? Get an overview of safety at university with the Leicestershire Police Student Survival Guide.
The services that we provide include:
- Active security provision across the campus, 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Operating a sophiosticated CCTV surveillance system in a purpose built control room
- First response to incidents and first assessments of emergency situations
- Identifying and implementing effective crime reduction measures
- Monitoring and administrating the control of access to buildings outside of core hours
- Controlling access to buildings outside of core hours
- Processing lost and found property
- Conducting security surveys and investigating inappropriate behaviour by students and staff
- Working in conjunction with our partners in local government and Leicestershire Police
- Management of parking enforcement, working in conjunction with First Parking
- Providing the most appropriate and up to date security and personal safety advice and training to staff, students and visitors to the campus
- Dedicated Halls of Residence attendants
- Building wardens
Campus police contact
In an emergency, or if you are in immediate danger, please contact 999.
We have a dedicated Campus Police Officer, PC Ian Lee who can be contacted via the Help desk or by security.
If you need to report a crime or incident, you can also report online to the Leicestershire Police.
To report information 100% anonymously, you can contact Crimestoppers.
To visit us in person, our reception is located within the Estates Services Building, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The Estates Services Building can be found opposite the Campus Centre and Gateway House (building number 12 on the Campus Map).
Contact us by phone on 0116 2577642 (extension 7642), or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
You can also follow your DMU Security Team on Facebook and Twitter.
Tell us about an incident of hate, harassment or sexual misconduct - anonymously.
Find out more