Arts, Design and Humanities Postgraduate Alumni Scholarship
De Montfort University Leicester (DMU) is pleased to offer our dedicated Postgraduate Alumni Scholarship, providing DMU graduates with a tuition fee discount of up to 30 per cent on selected full-time and part-time postgraduate courses running across multiple start dates in the 2021/22 academic session, with the first intake in September 2021.
At DMU, we are fully committed to helping our graduates enhance their careers and gain opportunities for personal development through further study. The scholarship, based on academic achievement and merit, applies automatically to all DMU UK, EU and international students who are graduating in 2021 or have graduated within the last five years (2017 onwards). Students who achieved a 2:1 or above will receive a discount of 30 per cent, while all remaining students who are offered a place on a DMU course will be eligible for a discount of 20 per cent. This scholarship is also available to students progressing from postgraduate study through our transnational education partners to postgraduate study in the UK. The scholarship is applicable to a range of postgraduate taught programmes.
Postgraduate programmes offered by the Faculty of Arts, Design and Humanities that are eligible for the scholarship for the September 2021 intake:
Postgraduate programmes offered by the Faculty of Arts, Design and Humanities that are not eligible for the scholarship for the September 2021 intake:
Got a question? Submit an enquiry and we'll get back to you.
Terms and conditions:
- Scholarships are available for full-time, part-time and distance learning postgraduate taught master’s courses running in the 2021/22 academic session. Course exclusions apply; please check with the faculty that your chosen course is eligible if it is not listed here
- Undergraduate and Postgraduate Research courses are not available with this scholarship
- The scholarship will act as a tuition fee discount to be applied at the point of enrolment.
- Applicants do not need to apply for the Postgraduate Alumni Scholarship, the award will automatically be confirmed for eligible students
- Maximum scholarship duration: in recognition of the fact that tuition fee payment is spread over a number of academic years, the percentage discount offered at enrolment for postgraduate taught degree programmes will remain constant for a maximum of:
- One year for a full-time MA or MSc, or three years part-time (180 credits)
- One year for a full-time PG Dip, or two years part-time (120 credits)
- One year for a full-time or part-time PG Cert (60 credits)
- The scholarship is valid for all intakes within the academic session – scholarships cannot be deferred by the applicant until a subsequent academic year, unless their course offer has been deferred to an alternative year of entry. The exception is for students wishing to take a sabbatical year and act as an elected Executive Officer at De Montfort Students’ Union - in such circumstances a one-year extension will be considered
- Applicants must have previously studied and successfully completed a degree at the DMU Leicester campus or through a transnational education partner. To be eligible for the scholarship, the preceding qualifying course must have been completed no earlier than the 2017 academic session
- Applicants who have already completed a postgraduate course with DMU will not be eligible for the discount
- Applicants must have no outstanding debt to the university in order to receive the scholarship
- Students in receipt of the scholarship will not be eligible for any other DMU scholarship or award
- No cash alternatives will be offered and the scholarship cannot be transferred to a nominated recipient
- Scholarships are awarded at the discretion of the university
- Scholarships are only available to students paying all their own fees (partially sponsored students will not be eligible). Students in receipt of the postgraduate student loans will still be eligible.
- Where a student terminates or interrupts their studies, prior to the completion of their course, both the tuition fees and scholarship will be pro-rated, based on the student’s last date of attendance
- Interrupting students are entitled to pick up the remainder of the scholarship on their return to study (in line with the maximum scholarship duration as outlined above)
- Scholarships will be honoured for course transfers within DMU (providing the transfer is to an eligible course)
- For students eligible for more than one award they will automatically be awarded the one of greater financial value
- For students who actively apply for and are successfully awarded another scholarship e.g. the DMU Sports Scholarship, that award will supersede the entitlement to any automatically awarded scholarship
- DMU reserves the right to cancel any scholarship which has been claimed fraudulently and to apply the full tuition fee
- DMU reserves the right to revise, review or withdraw any of the scholarships at any time without prior notice