Delivered with support from sector-leading organisations such as Airbus and Deloitte UK, our strong partnerships ensure that this course is aligned with the latest industry needs.
Input from experts from the Software Technology Research Laboratory means that you will also benefit from their expertise and research in the sector.
Develop your technical skills through modules such as Requirements Analysis and Cloud-based System Design, Internet of Things, Software Quality Assurance and Testing and Critical Systems.
You will also study a Legal, Ethical and Professional Practice and Research Methods module in preparation for your final project, during which you will explore a contemporary issue from a wide range of applications, including Electronic Patient Records, London Ambulance System, E-Voting System and Flight Control System.
Our graduates have gone on to work as software engineers, consultants and project managers for companies such as IBM, BT and Deloitte UK. You will also be well-positioned to continue studying towards a PhD.
- Study in an innovative department with an international reputation for research, training and education in software engineering.
- Access specialist research labs equipped with industry-standard software and with excellent technical support on hand.
- Meet like-minded people and get hands-on experience by joining our student societies, such as DMU Hackers, an ethical hacking society that meets weekly to share skills and prepare for competitions.
- Fit your studies around your other commitments with flexible study options, including full-time, part time and distance learning.
- Boost your career prospects through an optional one-year paid placement where you can build industry contacts and gain experience in your area of interest. Previous Software Engineering MSc students have undertaken placements with ARM Ltd, as well as local and national consultancy and software firms.
- Study for an MSc with excellent career prospects. Graduates have gone on to work in both public and private sector organisations, including IBM and BT.
News stories/case studies
Ugonna Ezema is feeling hopeful about his career prospects after attending a student workshop hosted by Amazon, the world’s largest online market place. The Software Engineering MSc student was notified about the online event – which was designed to support Black and ethnic minority students in their career development – by his faculty placement team at De Montfort University Leicester (DMU).
Delivered together with Everything D&I – a company working with employers to create opportunities for students from diverse backgrounds – the event explored career options within Amazon, including how to successfully apply for internships and graduate opportunities.
At DMU, we are committed to helping our graduates enhance their careers and personal development through further study. We are proud to currently offer two scholarships.
Vice-Chancellor's Sports Scholarship
Up to £6,000 worth of support available to full-time UK and EU undergraduate and postgraduate students, starting in September 2018. For more information visit our Vice-Chancellor's Sports Scholarship.
Find out about available scholarships and country specific fee discounts for international students.
More courses like this:
Computing MSc/PG Dip/PG Cert
Intelligent Systems MSc/PG Dip/PG Cert
Intelligent Systems and Robotics MSc/PG Dip/PG Cert