At De Montfort University Leicester (DMU), we understand that university is your new beginning and that what you learn in books is just the start. Your degree is a stepping stone, and our award-winning Careers Team, is here to open doors for you and to help you find your dream career.
We are rated a 5-star ‘excellent’ institution by QS, a world leader in evaluating higher education performance. We not only achieved an ‘excellent’ rating overall but also scored the maximum five stars in key criteria including employability.
By studying with us, you will benefit from our Careers Team giving you access to:
- Guaranteed work experience opportunities for all students.
- Flexible and personalised career support tailored to your needs, including placement years which earn academic credits towards your degree – some of our courses, such as Nursing and Diagnostic Radiography, include guaranteed integrated work placements.
- Industry experience through virtual and in-person placements, internships, and employability mentoring at companies such as ASOS, Disney, HSBC, KPMG, L’Oréal, Microsoft, NHS, Pfizer and Rolls-Royce.
- Unlimited access to digital tools including LinkedIn Learning courses, practice interviews, self-assessments, and personalised CV feedback through the Careers Team Skills Hub.
- Opportunities to work on live industry briefs and to be part of real industry showcases as part of your course, such as Graduate Fashion Week, Congress to Campus and the international Formula Student competition at Silverstone race track – to name a few!
- Real-world experience and teaching by academic staff, guest speakers and lectures from inspiring industry leaders.
- Lifelong careers support for all DMU alumni, with access to networking opportunities, recruitment fairs, and expert one-to-one advice even after you graduate.
- University is a huge investment, and our careers commitment to you is not simply to help you secure a job but to equip you with the skills to thrive, adapt and innovate in our ever-changing world. It’s our goal to help every student achieve their goal - and help you find out what you're made of.