Institute of Energy and Sustainable Development consultancy and commercial services
We offer a range of services including:
- Analysis of building performance through simulation and monitoring
- Detailed fluid dynamic analysis of air flows within and around buildings
- Analysis of smart grids and community energy/carbon flows
- Energy demand analysis and design of local mini-grids
- Energy analysis and visualisation software
- Training packages designed to meet business needs
Buildings which have benefited from our expertise include: the School of Slavonic and East European Studies, UCL, the Harm A. Weber Library, Judson College, Chicago; Navigation Road Primary School, Altrincham, and several other schools and colleges for natural ventilation design.
We have provided consultancy and advice, or carried out collaborative research, with many organisations including E.ON, British Gas, EDF, Airbus, Toyota, Department of Health, Department for Education, DECC, Ofgem, East Midlands Housing Group, the Rural Communities Council, Caplin Homes, and several companies outside the UK through international projects.
Partnerships and collaborations
IESD has collaborated with many European and international research organisations for funded research projects. It also has strong links with Leicester City Council and local industry and businesses.