English for Academic Success during your degree
Calling all international students!
Join English for Academic Success, our free academic English and study skills course.
- Undergraduate & Postgraduate groups
- Weekly live classes (on MS Teams)
- Weekly self-study materials and video
- Bookable one-to-one sessions
Complete our short form, pick your preferred time slots and we'll do the rest.
Go to form
More information on English for Academic Success
English for Academic Success is the Centre for English Language Learning's English language support programme for undergraduate and postgraduate students.
This course is taught wholly online and includes a weekly video and worksheet covering an academic English topic (see below for course info), as well as a live one hour lesson in MS Teams. You can follow the video and try the worksheet in your own time before each live lesson.
The live lesson itself will cover some of the content from the video and will contain group discussions on a range of issues to help boost your confidence in seminar and other speaking skills useful for your ongoing course.
These are the topics the course will cover in the first five weeks:
- Week 1 Writing and academic style (1)
- Week 2 Reference and citation – Harvard System (1)
- Week 3 Summarising, paraphrasing and avoiding plagiarism (1)
- Week 4 Summarising and paraphrasing (2)
- Week 5 Recap and consolidation: reference, citation, paraphrasing, summarising
To find out more about the Centre for English Language Learning’s language support programmes, email email@example.com