Postgraduate taught experience survey
The 2022 PTES is now open!
Are you a postgraduate taught student?
The 2022 Postgraduate Taught Experience Survey (PTES) is open until 9am on Monday 30 May and we invite all eligible students to take part.
You will be asked for a username and password to launch the survey. Your username is your assigned DMU email address beginning with an uppercase P and your password is your student P number, also beginning with an uppercase P, for example P2706321.
It is important that you include the P in uppercase both times, otherwise you will not be able to log in.
Complete the survey now
The PTES asks taught postgraduate students about their teaching and learning experiences during their course. DMU is committed to listening to students and enhancing the student experience, so your feedback is important.
Your survey responses will be combined with those of others to help inform DMU about the experience of postgraduate students. We will use this to improve future support.
More than 120 UK universities will be involved in the PTES, which is supported by AdvanceHE. Its results are also used to guide national policy and develop the postgraduate experience across the Higher Education sector.
What’s in the survey?
The PTES is an online questionnaire that takes around 15 minutes to complete. All data will be held anonymously.
The questionnaire includes the following topics:
- Teaching and learning
- Assessment and feedback
- Dissertation or final project
- Organisation and management
- Learning resources
- Skills and personal development
- Overall satisfaction
- Students’ motivations for taking their course
Your voice counts
Feedback from Postgraduate Taught Experience Surveys has enabled DMU to make positive changes to meet the needs of students more effectively. Previous examples include:
- Through PTES, and projects such as Universal Design for Learning (UDL), we reviewed postgraduate courses to ensure that assessments are appropriate and spread evenly across the academic calendar
- Through UDL we have implemented DMU Replay for postgraduate students, which enables students to receive lecture content in a variety of multimedia formats.
- Continued improvements to campus facilities and study spaces for postgraduate taught students across all faculties.
- Go to the You Said/We Did page for more examples from each of our faculties and engagement teams.
Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey. Your participation is of great value and we appreciate your time and help with this.
The PTES is available until 9am on Monday 30 May 2022.
Please click here to complete the survey.
If you require more information about PTES please email firstname.lastname@example.org.