The new Trading Floor, located on the ground level of the Hugh Aston Building, is set to open at the end of January.
Leicester Castle Business School (LCBS) has invested £370,000 into developing this new state-of-the-art facility, which is replacing the existing Trading Room located on the building's second floor.
Our new Trading Floor will provide students across the LCBS’ Economics, Finance and Accounting courses with an authentic simulation of financial trading and investing, in an ultra-modern environment.
It is set to officially open on Wednesday 31 January at 3pm.
The new Trading Floor upgrades include:
- Two 86-inch teaching screens
- Two ticker tape displays on either side of the room giving live coverage
- Six repeater screens located around the room- Increased student capacity from 20 to 48
- Eight hexagonal tables with double monitors per seating space
- Installation of two large internal viewing windows, new flooring, new dimmable LED lighting, new ceiling and upgraded air handling unit.
The terminals will continue to have access to the latest industry-quality Bloomberg and LSEG Workspace software, as used by leading business, financial and government decision-makers and media professionals around the globe.
Posted on Friday 5th January 2024