DMU Music are looking for students to take part in Roll Call from Wednesday 16 – Saturday 19 March to help challenge the stigma surrounding homelessness, substance abuse and mental health.
Roll Call brings together DMU students, service users from local homelessness and substance abuse recovery organisations, and supporting staff.
Led by highly skilled musicians who specialise in socially engaged arts practice, Roll Call comes together as a band and participants can re-kindle, build upon and discover their musical creativity.
This project involves four days of music making and creative writing workshops and we are looking for pro-active students to support the creative leadership team.
Students taking part can expect to:
• Experience creative practice as an aid to recovery
• Explore the role of music in tackling social isolation
• Challenge the stigma surrounding homelessness, substance abuse and mental health
• Meet new people and develop your leadership skills
• Apply your passion for music! If you love music, enjoying working with new people and are curious about the role of the arts within
You don’t have to be a highly skilled musician to be a part of this project!
If you love music and creative arts, and are curious about the role these play in mental health, DMU Music want to hear from you.
Workshops will be held at the Central Baptist Church in Leicester City Centre.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Posted on Monday 7th March 2022