Consultation and Physical Examination Skills
This module examines key knowledge and skills underpinning patient consultation, assessment and physical examination. The module aims to support the practitioner to develop specialist knowledge of applied anatomy and physiology relevant to the assessment and physical examination of the adult patient.
Allied issues such as requesting investigations, clinical decision-making, inter-professional team working, patient referral mechanisms and professional accountability in an enhanced role are also addressed.
- Effective registration with an appropriate Professional Statutory Regulatory Body (PSRB) in health care
- Minimum one year's post-registration experience, normally within a health practice setting
- Possess BSc (Hons) 2:2 degree award minimum
- IELTS 6.5 in all criteria
- Minimum of three years post-registration experience, normally within a health practice setting
- Possess a BSc or 60 credits equivalent at level 6 which must include a Research module (or equivalent)
- Applicants who fall short of the above entry requirements may use the RPL mechanism to contribute towards the above criteria at the discretion of the Programme Leader
How to apply
Online Application Forms and Guidance Information
Module Category: PCPH
Module Code: 5005
Module Credits: 30
Module Level: 7
Semester 2 is now at capacity, meaning we are no longer able to accept further applications for this semester.