How to apply to undergraduate study at De Montfort University
We’re so pleased that you would like to study at DMU. How you apply to study with us depends on the course level and your country of residence. On this page you’ll find out how to apply through UCAS, how to apply if you’re an EU or international student, make an application as a mature student, or make a direct application for specific courses.
If you need further help or have questions about how to apply, please get in touch with our Enquiries Team on email@example.com and we’ll be happy to help.
UCAS online application for UK students
All applications from UK students for full-time higher education courses at UK universities and colleges are made through UCAS. If you are still studying at school or college, then they will be registered with UCAS and will help you to complete your application. Please see the second section to find out the next steps.
If you are applying independently through UCAS, as well as writing your application you will need to:
- Log in to the system and pay the correct application fee by making your payment online using a credit or debit card. Applications cost £20 for a single choice and £26 for two to five choices.
- Obtain and attach an academic reference. Your referee must know you well enough to write about you and your suitability for higher education, UCAS will not accept references from family, other relatives or friends.
Students at a school or college registered with UCAS
All UK schools and colleges, along with a small number of overseas establishments, are registered with UCAS to manage their students' applications.
To apply through your current school or college you will need:
- A 'buzzword' from your tutor or careers adviser to register and establish the organisation you are applying from and allow your referee to attach a reference
- To submit the application to your referee who will send the completed application on your behalf.
- To pay for your application either by credit or debit card online, or by paying your school or other registered centre. Applications cost £20 for a single choice and £26 for two to five choices.
For further advice please contact our School and College Liaison Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mature learners with non-standard qualifications
DMU welcomes applications from mature students. If you have extensive industry experience of five years or more in a relevant field to the course you are applying for, as well as or instead of academic qualifications, then we will try to consider your application on its own individual merit.
If you would like to discuss your eligibility in more detail, you can send an overview of your qualifications and experience to our admissions team for them to review and advise. Get in touch at email@example.com.
Direct applications for EU and international students
Download our international application form for all EU and international applicants wishing to apply for undergraduate courses. Download a form
and follow our easy 3-step process
to applying to DMU.
Direct applications for Art and Design Foundation courses at DMU
The DMU Online Portal is for applicants wishing to apply for our art and design foundation courses. It allows you to save, revisit and review your application before submitting it at any time of the day.
The following should be submitted with the application form:
- One current reference on official headed paper or from a professional email address. This can be a work or academic reference and must be signed and recently dated.
- Copies of your academic transcripts
- Copies of your degree or diploma certificates
- Your personal statement
It is important that you send this information to us as soon as possible, either as paper copies, by mail, or as scanned and emailed documents.
HND or partnered courses
We’re here to support you with your application. For advice on how to apply contact:
Gateway House Room 1.30
De Montfort University
Leicester, LE1 9BH
T: (+44) 0116 207 8443
Due to current measures the admissions team are working remotely and cannot be contacted in person, on campus or via the post.
Chat to a current student
Message one of our friendly student ambassadors through Unibuddy - they’re here to answer any questions you have about university.