Centre for Reproduction Research news and events
The Centre for Reproduction Research (CRR) hold a number of events throughout the year.
Please see below for information on the seminars we have hosted for the 2021-22 series. Details of our forthcoming seminars and booking instructions will be shared here. Join our mailing list to be advised of future seminars and events.
- Thursday 28th April, 10.30-11.30. Vanessa Mantilla Salazar, Autonomous University of Barcelona, Spain, 'Therapeutic itineraries of women seeking medical treatment of endometriosis. An anthropological analysis in Catalonia context'
- Wednesday 6th April, 12-1.30 - PhD in Progress Seminar. Andrew Coutts, De Montfort University, 'Men's experiences of infertility and its treatment: Using Experience Based Co-Design to improve care' and Sitira Williams, De Montfort University, 'The lived experiences of transgender and gender-expansive youth (TGEY) transitioning and parental dynamics across the UK: An Intersectionality Approach'
- Wednesday 16th March, 12-1.30 (in collaboration with the Institute of Health, Health Policy and Social Care Research, De Montfort University). Dr Sally Ruane, Reader in Social Policy, DMU, ‘Plans for the reorganisation of inpatient maternity services in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland’ and Ebunoluwa Makinde, PhD student, DMU, presented on her study on Black women’s experiences and perspectives of perinatal care
- Tuesday 25th January, 12-1 - Prof Felicity Boardman, University of Warwick. ‘Disability, Impairment and the Future of Reproductive Genomics’
- Monday 6th December, 12-1 - Dr Charlotte Jones, Research Fellow, Wellcome Centre for Cultures and Environments of Health, University of Exeter. ‘Beyond narratives of choice: Reproductive support and community solidarities for people with variations of sex characteristics’
- Wednesday 20 October, 12-1pm, Dr Sarah Seaton, Research Fellow, University of Leicester (in collaboration with the Institute of Health, Health Policy and Social Care Research, De Montfort University). ‘How parents experience and cope with their child being admitted to PICU’
Information about our previous events.