Located on the edge of campus, and close to a range of local amenities, Bede Hall is owned and managed by DMU.
The hall consists of flats comprising eight or 10 bedrooms, with each flat having a shared bathroom (two toilets and two showers per flat). Wheelchair accessible flats, and allocated car parking spaces for students with a disability, are also available at this hall.
A standard bedroom at Bede Hall
Communal areas of flats, including toilets and showers, are cleaned and students have access to a coin-operated laundry room (£2 per wash, £1.50 per dry).
TV points are available in kitchens, bedrooms require an indoor aerial. Broadband connection is provided by Ask4 (upgrades to the basic package are available).
Each bedroom consists of:
- Single bed with under bed storage
- Vanity unit with cupboards above
- Wash basin with a shaver point, towel rail and mirror
- Wardrobe and coat hook
- Desk with shelves, a notice board, a desk lamp and bin
- Desk chair and a bench
- Bedrooms are carpeted and have window blinds
Read our essential guide to living in Bede Hall.
A shared kitchen area at Bede Hall
Standard contract, 38 weeks and one day (Friday 22 September 2017 to Saturday 16 June 2018)
Nursing student contract, 42 weeks and one day (Friday 22 September 2017 to Saturday 14 July 2018)
Midwifery student contract, 45 weeks and one day (Friday 22 September 2017 to Saturday 4 August 2018)
Rent and costs 2017/18
Rent: £99 per week (includes utility bills, broadband and contents insurance)
- Standard total is £3,776.14
- Nursing total is £4,172.14
- Midwifery total is £4,469.14
No guarantor required.
Rent instalments 2017/2018
Option one: one instalment
There is a five per cent discount if the full contract fee is paid by 21 October 2017
Option two: three instalments
- 21 October 2017: £1,258.71
- 21 January 2018: £1,258.71
- 25 April 2018: £1,258.72
- 21 October 2017: £1,390.71
- 21 January 2018: £1,390.71
- 25 April 2018: £1,390.72
- 21 October 2017: £1,489.71
- 21 January 2018: £1,489.71
- 25 April 2018: £1,489.72
Option three: four instalments
- 2 December 2017: £944.03
- 2 January 2018: £944.03
- 2 February 2018: £944.05
- 2 November 2017: £1,043.03
- 2 December 2017: £1,043.03
- 2 January 2018: £1,043.03
- 2 February 2018: £1,043.05
- 2 November 2017: £1,117.28
- 2 December 2017: £1,117.28
- 2 January 2018: £1,117.28
- 2 February 2018: £1,117.30
Bede Hall is a DMU-managed hall and payments are on more flexible terms. You will be able to use your student loan to pay for the rent, as the payment instalments are due after you have received the loan. There are no payment surcharges. Payments can be made by cash, cheque, credit or debit card, bankers draft and bank transfer.
Bede Hall address
51 Western Boulevard
Leicester, LE2 7EQ
T: +44 (0)116 250 6593