Following feedback from the National Student Survey, DMU will run a student parking trial from Monday 1 August to Saturday 31 December 2022. This may be extended past this date, subject to review.
Pricing and availability
£50 per month (£12.50 per week). Payment is applicable for full months only if purchasing partway through the month. You can pay online via the DMU Store.
Your purchase will entitle you to park in all university car parks with the exception of the Main Car Park, the Main Car Park Annexes (Annex A and B), Trinity House and Beaumont Park.
Your student access card will be updated accordingly.
Availability of car parks:
Electric vehicle charging
The university has four electric vehicle charging points in the Bede House car park. To register to use this system please email email@example.com. Our system provider is Pod Point.
Workplace Parking Levy
Leicester City Council may introduce a Workplace Parking Levy in autumn 2023. Should this come into force then student parking may need to be reconsidered.
Terms and conditions:
This offer is subject to the following pricing and terms and conditions. For any questions or queries please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students must comply with the university’s Vehicle Parking & Cycle Policy.
- Students must not live within the Campus Exclusion Zone; you can find the list of excluded Post Codes is on the DMU website. Please check against your term-time address.
- Applications will be checked for Campus Exclusion, prior to approval.
- Should your application be rejected, due to your term-time address being within the Campus Exclusion Zone, then you will be issued a full refund.
- Permits are issued on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Permits will be restricted to one vehicle registration.
- Availability will be limited, and once sold out further permits may not be available.
- Permits must be collected from the Estates Services Building reception, once approval of your application has been authorised (we will tell you when it’s ready to collect). Notice may be given to withdraw student permits (not Disabled or Assessed Needs) at any time and for any reason, entirely at the discretion of the university. Should notice be given, permits will expire at the end of the month, with a full refund thereafter.
- Students may not leave their vehicle in a DMU car park overnight. The university will not be liable or responsible for the vehicles left in its car parks.
- If a student is in breach of the Vehicle Parking and Cycle Policy and/or these terms and conditions then enforcement action may be taken.
Posted on Friday 29th July 2022