Watch: Hear about the exciting sport industry experience students undertook during their time on the Business Management in Sport MSc at DMU.
The Business Management in Sport MSc is a programme that will explore the evolving and multi-faceted area of the management in sport through core modules from business and bespoke sport modules. In addition, the programme focuses on ethical considerations, major competitions, sports marketing, heritage and sport’s political, social, economic, and cultural contexts.
This course is ideal for individuals who hold a degree in sport (management, science, or other sport disciplines), event management, marketing, media, business or the humanities and are looking to begin a career or are in the early stages of a career in the sporting industry.
During this course, you will develop knowledge of sport management on local, national, international and global levels to prepare for a career in the sector.
There are also ways for you to tailor your university experience to your interests. You will have opportunities to get involved with a DMU Global experience and choose a language study option. Amongst the global opportunities within the Sport Heritage module students will visit historical sport sites. Previous students have visited sites such as the Munich Olympic Park, the Garmisch-Partenkirchen ski jump, and Allianz Arena in Germany.
In addition, as well as gaining experience working directly within a sport organisation through the Sport Fieldwork Experience, you will also have the opportunity to gain further experience directly with a sport business or organization through the Executive Company Project if selected as the final research project.
- Valuable industry links, including the British Bobsleigh and Skelton Association as well as established DMU relationships with Leicester City Football Club, Leicester Tigers Rugby Football Club, and British Basketball League
- Opportunities to gain valuable sport industry experience through sporting events and DMU sports clubs
- Mentoring and support from academics in the forefront of their fields as well as sport industry professionals is provided
- Opportunities to complete an Executive Company Project or alternative for the final research project instead of a dissertation
- Peer support as a result of studying in small tutor groups
- Modules specifically created to provide key skills needed in today's sport industry
- Get involved with our DMU Global international experience programme
- Access to a 24/7 high-tech library with a choice of learning environments. This in addition to new amenities such as the QEII Diamond Jubilee Leisure Centre
At DMU, we are committed to helping our graduates enhance their careers and personal development through further study.
Postgraduate Alumni Scholarship
Find out more about our Postgraduate Alumni Scholarship, ofeering up to 30% off tuition fees for DMU alumni.
DMU Global High Flyers Award
The DMU Global High Flyers Award offers students a discount of up to £1,000 towards a DMU Global opportunity (subject to terms and conditions).
DMU Sports Scholarship
Find out more about the DMU Sports Scholarships worth up to £6,000.
Find out about available scholarships and country specific fee discounts for international students.
More courses like this:
Management, Law and Humanities of Sport MA
Sports History and Culture MA