Fundamentals of Anaesthetic Care
The module is designed for students who have a theatre nursing background only and provides a basis in anaesthetic theory and practice, enabling the student to acquire essential competencies and a deeper understanding of associated concepts.
Within the module students will need to pass clinical competencies whilst in placement and academic assessment to underpin the understanding of applied theory. Placements will cover specialties within your base hospitals and where appropriate emergencies, ENT, obstetrics and paediatrics.
To obtain the full qualification to practice the Enhanced Anaesthetic Care module (PCPH3018 or 5018) must also be completed.
Students require a Consultant Anaesthetist Mentor and a Clinical Practice Mentor. Clinical Practice Mentors must hold a recognised anaesthetic qualification.
If you are considering undertaking this at Level 7 and are new to anaesthetics please discuss with the module leader prior to application submission.
- Effective registration with an appropriate Professional Statutory Regulatory Body (PSRB) in health care
- Minimum one year's post-registration experience, normally within a health practice setting
- Possess BSc (Hons) 2:2 degree award minimum
- IELTS 6.5 in all criteria
- Minimum of three years post-registration experience, normally within a health practice setting
- Possess a BSc or 60 credits equivalent at level 6 which must include a Research module (or equivalent)
- Applicants who fall short of the above entry requirements may use the RPL mechanism to contribute towards the above criteria at the discretion of the Programme Leader
How to apply
Online Application Forms and Guidance Information
Module Category: PCPH
Module Code: 5017
Module Credits: 30
Module Level: 7
Every Monday from 0/10/22 to 12/12/23
- 31st January
- 7th February
- 14th February
- 7th March
- 14th March
- 28th March
- 4th April
- 2nd May
Campus: Edith Murphy City Campus