Anaesthetics – Enhanced anaesthetic Care
The module is designed for students who have a theatre nursing background only and provides a basis in anaesthetic theory and practice, enabling the student to acquire essential competencies and a deeper understanding of associated concepts. Within the module students will need to pass clinical competencies whilst in placement and academic assessment to underpin the understanding of applied theory. Placements will cover specialties within your base hospitals and where appropriate emergencies, ENT, obstetrics and paediatrics.
To obtain the full qualification to practice the Enhanced Anaesthetic Care module (PCPH3018 or 5018) must also be completed.
Students require a Clinical Practice Mentor, who must hold a recognised anaesthetic qualification such as, AA or RODP.
If you are considering undertaking this at Level 7 and are new to anaesthetics, please discuss with the module leader prior to application submission to ensure you are studying at the correct level.
- Effective registration with an appropriate Professional Statutory Regulatory Body (PSRB) in health care, such as NMC or HCPC.
- Minimum 12 months post-registration experience, within a perioperative practice setting
- Have agreed perioperative placement opportunities with practice sponsor that meet competencies required (Core Competency Framework for Anaesthetic Assistants, NHS Education for Scotland)
- Possess BSc (Hons) 2:2 degree award minimum
- IELTS 6.5 in all criteria
- Minimum of three years post-registration experience, normally within a health practice setting
- Possess a BSc or 60 credits equivalent at level 6 which must include a research module (or equivalent)
- Applicants who fall short of the above entry requirements may use the RPL mechanism to contribute towards the above criteria at the discretion of the Programme Leader
How to apply
Online application forms and guidance for application process
Module Category: PCPH
Module Code: 5018
Module Credits: 30
Module Level: 7
29 and 30 January 2023
19 and 20 February 2023
11 and 12 March 2023
15 and 16 April 2023
Campus: Edith Murphy City Campus