Research Themes and Projects
Examples of The Nursing and Midwifery Research Group's recent projects:
Palliative Care and Older People including:
- Qualitative study of communication in an oncology outpatients department (Dr Lynn Furber).
- Improving consultations in oncology: The development of a novel consultation aid (Dr Lynn Furber, Prof Anne Thomas, Dr Ged Murtagh, Dr Sheila Bonas).
Mental Health and Disability including:
- Ageing and intellectual disability (AGID)
Womens and Reproductive Health including:
- Connecting with Women: The Working Lives of Independent Midwives and their Perceptions of the Mother-Midwife Relationship (Rosemary Garratt).
- The Right Student, An Exploration of the Qualities Desired in the Next Generation of Nursing Students (Dr Norrie Jacqui Day, Karen Ford, Chris Knifton, Nikki Welyczko, Penny Harrison, Penny Tremayne).
- Supporting the Under Achieving Student: A Mixed Methods Investigation (Dr Peter Norrie, Deborah Dowsett).