Research shows that music can have a positive effect on our wellbeing, whether that is listening or singing to music or playing an instrument. Here at DMU we have a space called the Chantry which staff and students can book to practice music. Please read the information below carefully if you wish to do this.
Chantry bookings are available between 9-5 Monday to Friday during term time.
Users can search MyGateway appointments for ‘Chantry Music Bookings’ to book a slot.
A piano is currently available.
How to register for bookings and access
If wish to access The Chantry to practice music during the academic year 2022/23 please email healthyDMU@dmu.ac.uk from your staff or student email address. Please include your name and student p number in your email.
- Staff will then amend your MyGateway record so that you can search for slots and make bookings
- Please let us know whether or not you already have access to the Chantry building via your staff or student card. If you do not have building access let us know and we can request this for you.
We aim to action your request within 3 working days
How to book
When you have registered, please log onto MyGateway, then:
- Click on ‘Appointments’
- Search for ‘Chantry music booking’ to locate a suitable booking slot
- Add your details
Please cancel any unwanted bookings so that other users can access the space.
You will be able to enter the space at the time of your booking with your staff or student card.
Please note you are only able to access the space if you have a booking on MyGateway. Please do not drop in to the space at other times, as it is used for a wide range of student activities throughout the year.
Using the space safely
- The space is usually unstaffed. If you need urgent assistance while using the Chantry please call DMU Security on 0116 2577642
- If you hear the fire alarm, please leave immediately via the nearest available exit
- Please do not eat or drink in the space
- If you need to wear headphones to protect your hearing, please ensure you have access to these before booking and bring them to your session
- Exit by pressing the switch on the wall to unlock the door
- Please close all blinds when leaving
- Ensure front door is closed when leaving and check it has locked by pushing the door
By making a booking you are agreeing to these conditions.