At this time of year, we would like to draw your attention to some of the activities which are available as part of our new #HealthyDMU programme.
There are a number of activities taking place across campus:
Mindfulness sessions are happening every weekday in the breathing space until Friday 28 June
- Monday 9.30am
- Tuesday 2.30pm
- Wednesday 4.30pm
- Thursday 3pm
- Friday 3pm
Masterclass sessions, including:
- Beating your inner critic – Tuesday 14 May, 10-11am
- Skills for facing your life’s challenges - Wednesday 15 May, 2-3pm
- Be more confident - Monday 20 May 2-3pm
- Taming your inner perfectionist – Wednesday 22 May 2-3pm
Please book onto the Masterclasses via MyGateway and vist the #HealthyDMU Hub for more information in the What’s On section.
We also have other events happening to help you unwind such as music from Debasmita Bhattacharya. Debasmita is one of India’s finest young sarod players, representing the rich musical tradition of her native Kolkata. She will be in the Breathing Space on Tuesday 21May from 12-1pm.
The DMU Cinema society students will be showing ‘The Greatest Showman’ on Tuesday 21 May in the Breathing Space. Keep an eye on the #HealthyDMU hub for free tickets!
As exam season is now under way we have we have collated some exam top tips for you:
Before the Exam
- Give yourself breaks.
- Plan something enjoyable into every revision day
- Have an early night before the exam.
- Don’t drink tea, coffee or alcohol late at night, it will stop you sleeping. A rested mind thinks better than a tired one.
- Don’t lie in bed panicking, get up and read a magazine or watch some TV or radio.
- Don’t cram up to the last minute. You are more likely to forget things you’ve learned in a hurry.
In the exam
- Make yourself as comfortable as possible. Take deep breaths and relax.
- Read through the questions and pick the ones you think you can do. If you blank out try not to worry, take three deep breaths.
- Do the questions you find easiest first to give you confidence. But stick to your time plan.
Posted on Monday 13th May 2019