Liberty Park is a privately managed hall situated on the River Soar just next to campus.
It is just a short distance to the Leicester City King Power Football stadium, the Leicester Tigers Rugby stadium and from many other local amenities and transport links. There is a Spar convenience store as an integral part of the building, with other shops, takeaway food outlets and bars nearby.
All rooms are fully fitted to include an en suite bathroom, there are options to book either a single or double study bedroom. Flats comprise of four or five bedrooms sharing a fully fitted kitchen and living area. Flats are accessible by stairs and lifts. There is a common room with Sky TV and vending machines for snacks and cold drinks and well as a landscaped patio courtyard.
Rent and costs 2014/15
Contracts at Liberty Park are for 42 weeks, beginning on the Saturday of intake weekend 20 September 2014 until Saturday 11 July 2015 (students are able to move into their room on Friday 19 September)
The weekly rent for a single room is £113.50, total contract fee £4,767
The weekly rent for a double room is £118.50, total contract fee £4,977
- Utility bills are included in the rent
- Contents insurance up to the value of £5,000
- 20Mb WiFi Internet is included (Top ups available at an extra cost)
A UK guarantor is required. Without a guarantor you will be required to pay your rent in full at the time of booking.
Once you have booked a room in Liberty Park you will be required to make the booking fee payment of £250 (£200 – damage deposit payment and £50 – non refundable administration fee).
Once you have an unconditional offer you will then be sent log in details to the liberty living applications portal, you will need to complete the online application process. Once this is complete you are legally bound to the terms of the contract.
Rent instalments 2014/15
Rent can either be paid in three instalments or in one full upfront payment, this option includes a two per cent annual advance discount.
Standard en suite, three instalments:
20 September 2014: £1,620.78
20 January 2015: £1,573.11
14 April 2015: £1,573.11
Double en suite, three instalments:
20 September 2014: £1,692.20
20 January 2015: £1,642.40
14 April 2015: £1,642.40
Please Note: The first instalment is due prior to arrival. Flexibility of instalment dates may be available subject to proof of student loan timetable. Please contact Liberty Park directly to discuss payment arrangements.
Payments can be made by cash, cheque, debit card or credit card (there is a two per cent surcharge on credit card transactions), bank draft and bank transfers can also be. The rent instalments should be made directly to Liberty Living.
Single bed in single study bedrooms and double bed in double study bedrooms, both with under bed storage
- Bedside cabinet
- Desk and desk chair
- Wardrobe and coat hooks
- Book case
- Shelf unit
- Separate telephone and data points for high-speed Internet access
- Notice board
- Television point
Each bedroom has an en-suite shower room including,
- Shower and shower curtain
- Toilet and toilet brush
- Wash basin
Within each flat there is a kitchen with a cooker, fridge, freezer and a microwave. There is a lounge and dining area with a breakfast bar and stools, easy chairs, a coffee table, notice board and television point. There is also a vacuum, dustpan and brush, mop and bucket in each flat.
Facilities and services
- Cleaning – The common areas outside flats are cleaned. You are responsible for cleaning your own kitchen, room and en suite.
- Laundry facilities are available on-site 24hrs. The machines are coin operated, costing £2.20 per was and £1.20 per dry
- 20Mb WiFi Internet is provided by Ask4 and is included in the price of the rent. Packages with improved speeds up to 100Mb/s available at an extra cost.
- There is CCTV in operation covering all entrances
- 24 hr security presence
- On-site Management Office
- Secure electronic entry system.
- There is a secure postal point.
- There are TV points in all study bedrooms and in the kitchen/lounge area. You will need to bring a co-axial cable lead. You are responsible for providing your own TV licence.
- There is no car parking.
- Bicycle storage is available.
- Liberty Park is a no smoking residence