Overlooking the River Soar and situated adjacent to the DMU campus, Liberty Park’s location is both delightful and convenient. The privately managed hall is a short distance from both Leicester City’s King Power football stadium and Leicester Tigers rugby stadium, making it the perfect choice for sport fans, and it is also convenient for local amenities and transport links.
A Spar convenience store forms part of the building and there are plenty of shops, takeaway food outlets and bars nearby. All rooms are en-suite and can be booked as either a single or double study bedroom. Flats are accessible by stairs and lifts and comprise of four or five bedrooms sharing a fully fitted kitchen and living area. A communal common room has Sky TV and vending machines for snacks and cold drinks and there is a landscaped patio courtyard.
Rent and costs 2014/15
Contracts at Liberty Park are for 42 weeks, beginning on the Saturday of intake weekend 20 September 2014 until Saturday 11 July 2015 (students are able to move into their room on Friday 19 September).
- Single room is £113.50. Total contract fee £4,767
- Double room is £118.50. Total contract fee £4,977
Utility bills are included in the rent
Contents insurance up to the value of £5,000
20Mb WiFi Internet is included (Top ups available at an extra cost)
A UK guarantor is required. Without a guarantor you will be required to pay your rent in full at the time of booking.
Once you have booked a room in Liberty Park you will be required to make the booking fee payment of £250 (£200 damage deposit payment and £50 non-refundable administration fee).
Once you have an unconditional offer you will then be sent log-in details to the Liberty Living applications portal, you will need to complete the online application process. Once this is complete you are legally bound to the terms of the contract.
Rent instalments 2014/15
Rent can either be paid in three instalments or in one full upfront payment (this option includes a two per cent annual advance discount).
Standard en-suite, three instalments:
- 20 September 2014: £1,620.78
- 20 January 2015: £1,573.11
- 14 April 2015: £1,573.11
Double en-suite, three instalments:
- 20 September 2014: £1,692.20
- 20 January 2015: £1,642.40
- 14 April 2015: £1,642.40
N.B. The first instalment is due prior to arrival. Flexibility of instalment dates may be available subject to proof of student loan timetable. Please contact Liberty Park directly to discuss payment arrangements.
Payments can be made by cash, cheque, debit card or credit card (there is a two per cent surcharge on credit card transactions). Bank draft and bank transfers can also be accepted. The rent instalments should be made directly to Liberty Living.
Within each flat there is a kitchen with a cooker, fridge, freezer and a microwave. The lounge and dining area has a breakfast bar and stools and easy chairs and a coffee table, along with a notice board and television point. There is also a vacuum cleaner, dustpan and brush, mop and bucket in each flat.
Single bed in single study bedrooms and double bed in double study bedrooms, both with under-bed storage.
- Bedside cabinet
- Desk and desk chair
- Wardrobe and coat hooks
- Book case
- Shelf unit
- Separate telephone and data points for high-speed Internet access
- Notice board
- Television point
Each bedroom has an en-suite shower room including:
- Shower and shower curtain
- Toilet and toilet brush
- Wash basin
Facilities and services
- Cleaning – common areas outside flats are cleaned. You are responsible for cleaning your own kitchen, room and en-suite
- Laundry facilities are available on-site 24-hours. The machines are coin-operated, costing £2.20 per wash and £1.20 per dry
- 20Mb Wi-Fi Internet is provided by Ask4 and is included in the price of the rent. Packages with improved speeds up to 100Mb/s are available at an extra cost
- CCTV covering all entrances
- 24-hour security presence
- On-site Management Office
- Secure electronic entry system
- There is a secure postal point
- There are TV points in all study bedrooms and in the kitchen/lounge area that require a co-axial aerial lead (not supplied)
- TV licence required
- There is no car parking
- Bicycle storage is available
- Liberty Park is a no-smoking residence