Principles and Practice of Gastroenterology and Hepatology
This module explores specialist knowledge, practice and attitudes that underpin enhancing gastroenterology and liver disease by promoting assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation resulting in the enhancement of health care.
Module Learning Outcomes
1. Review the anatomy and physiology of the gastrointestinal tract, liver and related organs.
2. Critically assess and evaluate the underpinning evidence relating to the management of gastroenterology and liver disease
3. Critically review the impact of psychological, social, economic and political factors on the organisation of services for the patient with gastrointestinal / liver disease.
4. Critically consider clinical practice / professional accountability in gastroenterology and liver disease
5. Reflect upon values, attitudes and beliefs in the delivery of gastroenterology and liver disease.
De Montfort University
- Effective registration with the NMC / HPC or other relevant professional body. ESSENTIAL
- Undertaken successful level 4/5 academic study. ESSENTIAL
- Currently be employed in practice and have the support of their manager in undertaking the module. ESSENTIAL
How to apply
Online Application Forms and Guidance Information
Module Category: PCPH
Module Code: 3019
Module Credits: 30
Module Level: 6
Times: 9am - 1pm
Room EMH 1:01
- Friday 31st January
- Friday 7th February
- Friday 14th February
- Friday 21st February
- Friday 28th February
- Friday 6th March
- Friday 13th March
- Friday 20th March
- Friday 27th March
- Friday 3rd April