Are you graduating this month? Then make sure you enter our January Graduations competition* to be in with a chance of winning a fantastic prize to make your day even more special.
One lucky winner will receive:
- £100 Highcross voucher
- £80 meal voucher for Bill's restaurant
- Reimbursement of your gown hire
- Reimbursement of your Graduation photography (up to the value of £100)
*Terms and conditions apply, please see below for more information.
To enter, all you need to do is share your favourite DMU memories with us, which will also be shown on the big screen at your graduation!
They could be photos from your course, a #DMUglobal trip, a sport or society event or a volunteering project.
If you have photos on your Twitter or Instagram profiles from your time at DMU, you can simply comment ‘#DMUgradscomp’ to enter, but please ensure they are set to ‘public’.
Alternatively, you can send your images to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading 'DMU Memories Competition'. Please ensure if sending via email your photo is high resolution and is attached as a jpeg/png file.
All entries must be received by 10am on Wednesday 16 January and a winner will be selected at random. We will contact the winner by 5pm on Thursday 17 January.
Please note that to be eligible to win, you must be attending your graduation ceremony.
Consider the following when sending your images:
- Briefly tell us why the image/s are important to you
- Reference the course you are graduating in
- Ensure you have permission from everyone in your photos for them to be used in the ceremony
- Family friendly content
Please note De Montfort University reserves the right to not use your image in the ceremonies at their discretion.
January Graduations Competition: Terms and Conditions
1. This De Montfort University prize draw competition is open only to De Montfort University students graduating in January 2019. Employees of De Montfort University, its affiliates or participating companies are not eligible to enter unless specified in communications. Failure to comply with any part of this clause will disqualify the respective entry from the competition.
2. All entries must be received by the time and date specified (UK time).
3. To be eligible to win, you must be attending your January 2019 graduation ceremony
4. De Montfort University reserves the right to reject any entries for any reason at its sole discretion.
5. The promoter will not be liable for any failure of receipt of entries. The promoter takes no responsibility for any entries which are lost, delayed, illegible, corrupted, damaged, incomplete or otherwise invalid.
6. To the extent permitted by applicable law, the promoter’s liability under or in connection with the prize draw competition or these terms and conditions shall be limited to the value of the prize in question.
7. To the extent permitted by applicable law, the promoter shall not be liable under or in connection with these terms and conditions, the prize draw competition or any prize for any indirect, special or consequential cost, expense, loss or damage suffered by a participant even if such cost, expense, loss or damage was reasonably foreseeable or might reasonably have been contemplated by the participant and the promoter and whether arising from breach of contract, tort, negligence, breach of statutory duty or otherwise.
8. Prizes are non-negotiable, non-transferable and non-refundable. No cash alternative is available. Where a prize becomes unavailable for any reason, the promoter reserves the right to substitute that prize for a prize of equal or higher value.
9. In the event of unforeseen circumstances beyond the promoter’s reasonable control, the promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the prize draw competition or these terms and conditions, either in whole or in part, with or without notice.
10. The promoter's decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
11. The winner’s Twitter or Instagram username may be posted on the @dmuleicester account after the winner has been selected.
12. These terms and conditions and the competition prize draw are governed by English law and subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
13. Promoter: De Montfort University, The Gateway, Leicester, LE1 9BH.
Posted on Wednesday 9th January 2019