Mentoring can play an important role in students’ learning, development and enrichment, a new initiative called 'Mentoring for All' brings together all DMU mentoring offers under one umbrella.
DMU already offers students a variety of mentoring opportunities designed to respond to different levels of need. Now, for the first time, all five key mentoring schemes are brought together under one institution-wide initiative: Mentoring for All.
Bringing the schemes together under one umbrella allows students to explore the different mentoring options, to find the scheme that best meets their needs.
Our 5 key mentoring schemes:
- MyUniPal – helping new students settle into life at DMU
- iBuddies – peer mentoring for newly arrived international students
- Peer Mentoring – programme-based peer mentoring to improve academic achievement
- Dare to Be – DMU staff/alumni/honourands mentoring students to improve attainment
- Employability Mentoring – supporting the development of employability skills using industry mentors
The Mentoring for All website provides information about each scheme as well as an interactive form which leads students through a series of questions before advising which mentoring scheme is best suited to their needs.
Promotion of Mentoring for All gets underway during Welcome Weekend in September – click here to find out more.
Posted on Thursday 4th October 2018