Students - Get Involved
As a student at DMU, you might be interested in getting involved with DMU Local - our community impact and engagement programme.
DMU Local projects are delivered in partnership with local schools, colleges, charities, and community groups that intend to increase capacity and capability in our communities. DMU Local also support student informal learning, experience, and employability prospects.
We run projects across the city that address some of the social challenges we see around us every day as well as projects with a more global perspective. Examples of areas where you can get involved:
- Supporting learning in local schools
- Engaging with young people and addressing disadvantaged in communities
- Engaging with elderly and isolated communities
- Working with the refugee and asylum seeker communities in Leicester
- Supporting those organisations working to reduce homelessness and its impacts
- Making local communities cleaner and greener
- Supporting initiatives that seek to reduce food poverty and its impacts
DMU Local can provide you with student experience opportunities in the following ways:
Sign up to the DMU Local newsletter for latest opportunities, activities and events