The Confucius Institute (CI) at DMU offers support, consultancy and workshops to local businesses, civic organisations and the wider community.
As a vibrant celebration of Chinese language and culture, the CI is co-founded by the University of Science and Technology Beijing (USTB).
The institute runs a wide variety of courses, public events and activities designed to share Chinese language and culture for better relations between China and the UK.
Business Mandarin courses are now available to support local economic growth, and to enhance mutual educational and cultural communication. Courses are available to organisations looking to book a minimum of eight people.
Business Mandarin courses are available in areas such as;
- Mandarin for Business in the 2020s
- Business Opportunities with China in the 2020s
- Mandarin Learning and Comparative Culture
- Translation and Interpretation for Sino-UK businesses
- Standardised Business Chinese Tests
Courses can be tailor-made for your workplace or other community setting, and can start at any level you like from elementary to advanced.
Structure and content
The content of a course may cover:
- Survival Mandarin
- Basic Mandarin for business
- Business etiquette
- Introduction of E-business in China
- Introduction of E-payment in China
- Logistics in China
- Introduction to social networks for business
- Building business relationships with Chinese partners
The benefits of taking the Business Mandarin course are:
- To understand Chinese business culture and practices
- To improve your business Mandarin step by step
- To pass the Business Chinese Test (BCT) for certificates
- To gain adequate proficiency in Mandarin for potential business opportunities in China.
The course will be delivered by highly qualified native Chinese teachers with related expertise.
When restrictions are lifted (or when circumstances allow) classes will be delivered at the Confucius Institute (CI) at De Montfort University (DMU) located in the city of Leicester, but until then will be delivered online.
A typical class size is 3-10 people to enable greater individual attention and better engagement.
Similar courses or related services you may be interested in
CI supports events across the city and are always open to collaborations and partnerships.
Activities available include:
- Traditional Chinese dances and folk music performances
- Tai-Chi and other Kung Fu performances
- Chinese calligraphy and painting workshops
- Chinese tea ceremony, papercutting, and knots
- Language taster sessions
You may also be interested in finding out more about other Foreign Language Courses for Business.