Originally founded as the Leicester School of Art in 1870, De Montfort University (DMU) has had a long and vibrant history of improving people’s lives through education. We have evolved over the years, but our commitment to making a significant impact on the world around us has never wavered.
In this next chapter, and with our new Vice-Chancellor Professor Katie Normington, our strategy sets us out to be an ‘empowering university’. We invite you to join us in our mission to empower students, alumni, staff and partners to create a fairer society for all.
How we’re doing so far:
- We are the only higher education institution in Britain to be a global hub for one of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
- We have been recognised by The Sunday Times as the University of the Year for Social Inclusion.
- We were awarded Gold in the government’s Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
- We were named winner of the NUE Best University Careers/Employability Service
We already have so much to be proud of as a university. With your help we can push boundaries and leave our mark on this world for the better.
Whether you want to volunteer your time or expertise, attend events, partner with us, or make a gift, there are a variety of ways you can get involved with the university.
If you are interested in volunteering your time, when it suits you, we have made this easier than ever with the Alumni Hub. As a member of the Alumni Hub, you can select where you are ‘Willing to Help’ (or ‘Seeking Help’) and have this displayed on your profile as you wish. Below are just some of the options you can choose from:
- Willing to be a guest speaker
- Willing to lead a webinar
- Willing to provide a case study
- Willing to offer advice to current students
If you have a specific interest that you would like to make become a reality, please let us know by emailing email@example.com.
NB: that you don’t have to be alumni to volunteer
Partner with us:
If you are in a position to offer current students or fellow alumni job, placement or work experience opportunities, we’d love to hear from you. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or log-in/sign-up to the Alumni Hub and post your job opportunity directly to our dedicated digital platform.
If you are a corporate company and would like to partner with us, please see our Giving Back page for further details.
DMU is delighted to provide a calendar of events that reflects the diverse nature of all that we do. The vast majority of our events are open to all and free to attend.
You can see the calendar of events here.