How to apply

DMU welcomes applications from UK and international students with a wide range of qualifications and experience.

The following sections should help to guide you through the application process and answer any questions you might have. 

Late applications

There's still time to apply to DMU for September 2014 entry. If you have only just decided to go to university or had a change of heart on which course to study then there are options available to you, for more information on what to do next visit our late applications page|.

UCAS online application

Once you've decided which course you want to study you will need to apply. All applications for full-time higher education courses at UK universities and colleges are made through UCAS|. It costs £12 for a single choice and £23 for 2-5 choices, you can make your application online|.

Students at a school or college registered with UCAS

All UK schools and colleges, along with a small number of overseas establishments, are registered with UCAS to manage their students’ applications.
  • You need a 'buzzword' from your tutor or careers adviser to register with UCAS, which establishes the organisation you are applying from and allows your referee to attach your reference.
  • Once you've completed your application, submit it to your referee and they will send the completed application to UCAS on your behalf.
  • You pay for your application either by credit or debit card online, or by paying your school or other registered centre, which will then pay UCAS.

Independent applicants in the UK

If you are not at school or college you need to apply independently online.
  • You are responsible for paying the correct application fee, obtaining and attaching the academic reference and submitting the completed application online to UCAS.
  • Your referee should know you well enough to write about you and your suitability for higher education. UCAS will not accept references from family, other relatives or friends.
  • You will need to make your payment online using a credit or debit card. The card does not have to be in your own name, but the cardholder must give their consent for you to use the card.

International applicants outside the UK (EU and worldwide)

If you live outside the UK, you need to apply independently unless your school or college is registered with UCAS. Advice is available from British Council offices and other centres overseas, such as your school or college.

If you are applying through UCAS, full details of the process are available on the UCAS website| or you can contact the UCAS Customer Service Unit on +44 (0)871 468 0468, Monday to Friday between 8.30am and 6pm.
Scholarships target area

Find out what financial help you can access during your studies at DMU.

Come to an open day  target area
Come to an open day

Don't let us tell you how good we are. Come to one of our open days and find out for yourself!

More reasons to choose DMU
More reasons to choose DMU

The reasons you should choose DMU as your place of study...