Centre for Electronic and Communications Engineering Offering engineering solutions and multimedia techniques for electronics, communications, healthcare and entertainment.
The Centre for Electronic and Communications Engineering (CECE) spans a wide range of diverse areas, ranging from semiconductor physics to signal processing. The Centre aims to deliver pure and applied research to satisfy both fundamental research and industry needs.
- Semiconductor device characterisation (includes infra-red thermal microscopy)
- Microwave design
- Electromagnetic compatibility
- Computational and experimental electromagnetics
- Power supply design
- Power systems analysis
- Error control coding
- Video communication systems
- Digital broadcast systems
- Image and video compression
- Digital watermarking
- Stereo correspondence matching (for 3D video)
- Metadata insertion and multimedia content analysis
- Development of digital media products for improved quality of life