COVID-19 health and safety principles
To ensure you have the best student experience possible, there are several things we are asking you to do to help keep yourself and others safe. We want to safeguard students and staff so that we all feel our campus is an inherently safe and secure environment in which to study and work.
The World Health Organisation and the UK Government have advised that there are a few small steps that we should all follow to limit the transmission of COVID-19:
- Please maintain personal hygiene by washing your hands with soap and hot running water for 20 seconds when you arrive on campus and regularly throughout the day. There is soap in every washroom and hand sanitisers are available in all buildings. Please avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Please wear a face covering when you are in face-to-face teaching sessions whenever and wherever one-metre plus rules are in place, and we’re also encouraging staff and students to wear your face covering when you are on campus as a whole. This will enable us to deliver as much face-to-face teaching as possible in line with social distancing guidelines. All students and staff will be provided with two reusable face masks.
It is important that you always bring your face covering when you come to campus as it is your responsibility to protect yourself and others from the further transmission of COVID-19. Please wash your reusable face covering on a regular basis and put disposable face masks safely in a bin and wash your hands with soap.
We recognise that for a variety of legitimate health reasons, some staff and students may not be able to wear face masks or other face coverings and we will work with them to ensure that their needs are supported and respected and government guidance is observed. More information on DMU’s guidance on face coverings will be made available soon.
- Please ensure that when you cough or sneeze you use a tissue and that you dispose of the tissue safely in a bin. If you do not have a tissue, then use your sleeve. It is important not to use your hands.
- Please be mindful of other students and staff when you move around the campus so that you follow government guidance on social distancing. This involves maintaining a safe distance between you and others as well as not congregating in corridors and door entry and exit points. Please comply with all signs.
- Please ensure that if you feel unwell with common COVID-19 symptoms such as a high temperature, a new and continuous cough, or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste, that you self-isolate and follow government guidance which is available from the NHS website. Please also contact the university at: firstname.lastname@example.org
There is a host of useful information on our FAQ webpage.
If you have recovered from COVID-19 there is no current scientific evidence that you are 100% immune from contracting the virus again. Therefore you must continue to follow NHS guidance and our Health & Safety Principles and safety measures on this website.