International Postgraduate Taught Merit Scholarship
The Leicester Castle Business School has eight new International Postgraduate Taught Merit scholarships of £2,500, as a course fee reduction, for those international fee paying students who wish to study with us during the 2020/2021 session. These are available to international students who have excelled academically and have an offer of admission for one of our Leicester Castle Business School postgraduate taught degree programmes (excluding the Global MBA, which has its own specific scholarship). Award of this scholarship is through an application and selection process, where you will need to provide a statement of no more than 1000 words demonstrating your commitment to the DMU values. The criteria for your statement is detailed below. Successful applicants will also have a 1st Class or 2:1 degree or international equivalent qualification at a Distinction or Merit.
The closing date for this scholarship is midnight (GMT) 31st July 2020 for studies during the 2020/2021 study period.
To apply please send an email, with your statement attached, and ensure you include your name and contact details on the statement to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please entitle the email ‘International Postgraduate Taught Merit Scholarship’.
The 1000 word statement should cover the following points:
- Why you feel you should be awarded the scholarship.
- How will a postgraduate degree at DMU help your development from an academic and personal perspective as well as from a career point of view?
- How you would make a positive contribution to Leicester Castle Business School both during and following your studies.
- How a Leicester Castle Business School education would benefit you in the future?
All applications should be submitted by Midnight (GMT) 31st July 2020 for studies during the 2020/2021 study period. Successful recipients of the scholarship will be notified in writing no later than 17th August 2020. Please ensure that you have received an offer of admission before applying for this scholarship.
Potential applicants with disabilities should contact Leicester Castle Business School at email@example.com as early as possible in advance of the closing date to discuss any adjustments to the application process that may reasonably be required to prevent them suffering substantial disadvantage as a result of their disability.
Terms and conditions
- All applications must be made following the prescribed process, above. Applications received after this deadline will not be considered.
- Students awarded the scholarship will be notified in writing. The award of this scholarship is at the discretion of the selection panel and is subject to available funds.
- An offer of admission must have been received in order to be eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- The scholarship is valid only for entry into the 2020/2021 intake – scholarships cannot be deferred by the applicant.
- Only full-time Leicester Castle Business School postgraduate taught applicants are eligible for this scholarship.
- Applicants who have already completed a postgraduate course with DMU will not be eligible for the scholarship.
- Distance learning and part-time students are not eligible for this scholarship.
- No cash alternatives will be offered and the scholarship cannot be transferred to another recipient.
- The scholarship amount will be granted in the form of a fee reduction.
- Only fully self-funded students are entitled to apply for this scholarship.
- The scholarship will be forfeited if the student defers entry, withdraws his or her application or does not enrol. If a student is found to be in breach of his or her commitments, in any way not acted in good faith, or not responded fully or accurately to a university request for information, the university is entitled to immediately suspend a scholarship.
- Where a student terminates or interrupts their studies, prior to the completion of their course, both the tuition fees and scholarship will calculated on a pro-rata basis, based on the student’s last date of attendance.
- Students receiving this discount will not be eligible for any additional scholarships or discounts. If a student is also eligible for another scholarship, he or she will only receive the higher value scholarship.
- By accepting this award, the student also accepts to participate in any university publicity or promotion as required.
- De Montfort University (DMU) and Leicester Castle Business School (LCBS) reserve the right to revise, review or withdraw the scholarship up to the point of enrolment if the applied for course is no longer run. The student will be informed in advance of this decision at the earliest opportunity. Any changes will not be applied retrospectively.