Article 26 Scholarship
Students seeking asylum in the UK are not able to apply for funding from the Student Loans Company and are charged international student fees. DMU offers eight Article 26 Scholarships for undergraduate students unable to access student funding.
Please note - the Article 26 Scholarship is only available to students looking to start an undergraduate level programme.
The Article 26 Scholarship consists of:
- A full fee waiver for the duration of the course
- plus, £3,500 contribution towards living costs per year (or £500 if you are in the care of your local authority)
- One Article 26 Scholarship recipient will also be eligible for a contribution towards accommodation costs in halls of residence for three years. The recipient must be under the age of 25 on 1 September 2021 to receive this element.
The Article 26 Scholarship is open to those who do not have access to student finance and are:
- seeking asylum in the UK, or a dependent or partner of someone seeking asylum
- OR who has been granted Discretionary / Limited Leave to Remain or some other form of temporary status
- AND have applied to start an undergraduate degree course at DMU starting in September 2021.
Please note even if you are still waiting for an offer from DMU you may submit an application.
Article 26 originated as a project of the Helena Kennedy Foundation.
How to apply
For further information regarding the application process please see the Application Guidance. Please note, this guidance may be subject to change.
Candidates should complete the Application Form and return, with reference and supporting documents, to email@example.com no later than 12pm on Tuesday 4 May 2021.
When submitting completed application forms, please ensure that your answers are saved on to the form you are submitting.
- The deadline for applications is 12pm on Tuesday 4 May 2021
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview on the 24 or 25 May 2021. We ask that all candidates keep both dates available in case they are shortlisted for an interview. Interviews may be virtual or face-to-face depending on coronavirus guidance at the time.
- Interview outcomes will be communicated to candidates in early June 2021.
For more information
Please contact the Transitions Team using the details below:
T: (0116) 257 7595, option 3, then option 4
Please see other information for asylum-seeking students here.