How to apply for The Crucible Project
The Crucible Project is a programme for individuals who have an idea, product or service and require support in order to turn it into a business.
It includes a comprehensive package of support:
- Access to expertise in new venture creation, business strategy, investment strategy, marketing and a range of other support measures tailored to helping you in your new venture endeavour. As part of the programme of support and activities that can be engaged in, successful applicants will receive mentoring and project management support.
- A working space at the Innovation Centre in the heart of Leicester and DMU. From here you can network and develop your enterprise.
- Successful applications will have opportunities to receive financial support from the university.
- Provision to help with establishing an investible business plan and in the approach to investors to secure further investment.
Full terms and conditions will be issued to successful applicants.
How to apply
Applications are now open for 2020. You will need to complete the application form and email it together with a two-minute video to Percy Emmett at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for applications: 14 August 5.00pm
Who can apply?
The Crucible Project is open to:
- Current third year students
- DMU graduates/alumni
- Current post-graduate students
Applicants need to have an innovative business idea (concept, service, or product) that requires development and holds the potential to be the basis of a company by the end of the programme.
The Crucible Project isn't just looking for tech start-ups. It is looking to support innovative, creative product design and social enterprises too. You don't need to have existing business knowledge, just a great idea!