MBA for Lawyers by Distance Learning
This programme is designed to offer those working within the legal field; whether as professional practitioners or managers, the opportunity to further develop their understanding and appreciation of ‘management’ issues.
The MBA brings to the fore current thinking in management education and will develop critical thinkers with effective problem-solving skills at managerial level. At the same time the programme will allow legal specialists to study selected core and elective modules in order to increase their professional expertise in an area of interest.
At DMU, we provide the highest standard of study equipping our students with the skills and experience to progress or change career. Designed with employability in mind, the MBA for Lawyers is highly relevant in today’s competitive marketplace.
Course duration: 27 months by distance learning.
(We also offer a fast track route which is 15 months of study by distance learning)
Structure and content
The course commences with an optional induction weekend in Leicester. The module teaching begins with a focus on Strategic Management, which is the bedrock of MBA study, and provides a framework and focus within which to shape the rest of the programme.
This core module is followed by the opportunity to specialise in one optional module from a choice of eight law-related options. This choice will allow you to pursue an area of interest in depth.
This is followed by ‘Leading a Professional Services Organisation’, which considers leadership issues withinthe context of managing a professional practice, and ‘Professional Ethics’ which sets law within an ethical framework.
The taught modules are completed by a study of ‘Managing Organisational Change’ which is a key feature of organisations operating within today’s volatile environment and ‘Corporate Performance Management’ which considers the process and outcomes of measuring organisational performance via a mix of financial and non-financial metrics.
Students would then complete the programme by finishing a law-related dissertation. The dissertation would have a strong link to academic theory whilst also offering an opportunity to focus on a ‘live’ organisational issue.
Take a look at the detail and structure of the course here.
Leicester Business School holds many professional accreditations and boasts recognition from a range of prestigious organisations including ACCA, CIMA, CPA Australia, CIPD, CIM and CMI.
Leicester Business School is a member of the Association of Business Schools (ABS) and a member of AACSB International - The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
- Improve your career prospects by gaining a globally recognised postgraduate qualification while remaining in full time employment and differentiate yourself within the career market.
- Contemplate important management issues related to leadership and change
- Join a creative and professional student community that is passionate about learning and about career progression
- Benefit from academic teaching which directly complements industry experience and is informed by world-leading research, ensuring you benefit from developments at the cutting-edge of legal thinking
- Achieve your maximum potential through DMU’s ambitious and innovative approach to teaching and strong links with industry
Delivery of this course is by Distance Learning.
Increasingly we all face more pressures in our business lives. Finding the time to attend courses of any kind can be very difficult and well-meant plans are often put aside indefinitely. Distance learning allows you to:
- Enjoy the full benefits of studying for a recognised UK university postgraduate qualification whilst still in full-time employment
- Take control of where and when you learn and decide the rate at which you study
- Retain industry leading course materials for future reference
- Apply your learning, knowledge, skills and expertise to your work straight away and help to further your career
- Network with tutors and like-minded professionals from around the world
Who we have worked with
De Montfort University has helped hundreds of managers to develop their leadership and management capabilities. Our client list includes leading organisations across a wide range of industries, and we are proud to work with each of them to support their learning and development strategies.
What our students say
“The MBA programme is really useful and is helping me to develop mymanagement and leadership skills and knowledge to a much higher level”
MBA for Lawyers student 2014
For a full course brochure and application form or if you have any questions regarding the course, please contact Informa Professional Academy, our professional partners in the marketing and administration of our distance learning MBA programmes.
T: +44 (0)20 7017 5176