My background is within industry where I have completed project and consultancy work in both the private and public sectors, working across the UK, Europe and Hong Kong.
My focus over the past 14 years has been business transformation and change management. The enablers for this approach are
- Commitment and clear direction from senior stakeholders
- Engagement of employees
- Application of Lean tools and techniques to upskill and empower employees involved in the process change
- Promotion of continuous improvement and the sharing of best practice
My most recent work has been in coaching and mentoring practitioners in a blue chip Company who have undertaken a major programme of process and cultural change, using the above approach as their blueprint.
Projects I have managed include
- .The introduction of a new internet provider in to a Company of 7,000 UK users and 3,000 users across America, Australia and China.
- The decentralisation of 4PL distribution site in Belgium back to home countries of Germany, France and the UK.
- The setting up of a green field site distribution centre on the outskirts of Paris
Projects where I have managed a work stream include
- The start-up of a 3PL distribution centre for a major book retail Company ( process work stream )
- The introduction of Lean thinking and process reviews within the public sector – within National Health and HMRC