Placements are part of the fabric of De Montfort University with all students across all courses having the option of undertaking some form of work experience.
We have a long history of partnering with local, national and international employers to provide students with essential work experience, in preparation for the graduate recruitment market.
Our aim is to make your recruitment as easy as possible and we recognise one size does not fit all.
That’s why we have dedicated placement teams to work with you around your requirements.
- We have an online student portal to advertise your roles, at no cost to you; we will then actively market to relevant students to promote them.
- If you require we can collate all applications and then provide you one email after the closing date.
- To make the process even easier, after you have shortlisted we can arrange a day of interviews here at the university and create the timetable.
- Bespoke recruitment processes can also be created in partnership with you.
We recognise that without employers, our students cannot develop their employability skills; this is why the above services are completely free of charge.
Benefits to business
Taking on a placement student means having a fixed term, full time student employee working towards your business objectives.
Placements can provide you with:
- An enthusiastic worker with technical skills.
- Fresh ideas and a different perspective.
- A flexible resource for a period of growth or to work on a distinctive project.
- Cost-effective graduate recruitment (placements allow you test out a potential employee).
- Access to additional business links with the university for research, training, consultancy and project partnerships.
Who to contact
If you are interested in recruiting an undergraduate placement student from De Montfort University then please find the details of the relevant Placement Teams below.
Arts, Design and Humanities
T: +44 (0)116 201 6428
Business and Law
T: +44 (0)116 207 8210/8240
Health and Life Sciences
T: +44 (0)116 257 7716
T: +44 (0)116 207 8345
If you would like details of our how to attend our forthcoming Placement Fair then please email DMU Placement Fair