Media and Communication Research Centre postgraduate and research study options
The areas of research expertise in the group include:
- Media policy and regulation
- Sports broadcasting and regulation
- Subcultures with a particular focus on punk and heavy metal
- The representation of race and gender in media and on TV
- Media & philosophy of technology
- Media, democracy & political communication
- Public relations
- Paranormal Media
- Media and promotional cultures
- The role of media in elections internationally
We welcome PhD applications on topics related to any of these areas.
Midlands4Cities Doctoral Training Partnership
The AHRC-funded Midlands4Cities Doctoral Training Partnership (M4C) brings together eight leading universities across the Midlands to support the professional and personal development of the next generation of arts and humanities doctoral researchers. The MCRC is interested in helping potential research students find a suitable supervisory team and apply for funding through this scheme.
Master’s by Research MA/MSc
Master’s by Research offers you the opportunity to pursue an independent research project while benefitting from the support of expert supervision. Develop an understanding of research study, linking your research project directly to your current or future career interests, and obtain a taste of what PhD study might entail. We welcome any enquiries for prospective MA/MSc research projects.
For information regarding postgraduate research contact Dr Simon Mills, email@example.com