Help to Grow: Management
Help to Grow: Management will support senior managers of small and medium sized businesses to boost their business’s performance, resilience, and long-term growth.
The 12-week programme is 90% funded by the Government and has been designed to allow participants to complete it alongside full-time work.
Eligibility criteria has now changed and more businesses can benefit! Businesses with 10 or more employees can send up to 2 participants on the programme, and alumni from the Small Business Leadership Programme can also now join.
East Midlands Chamber of Commerce is also offering fully-funded free places to organisations impacted by coronavirus who have been operational for at least a year and employ between five and 249 people. You must be based in the following areas:
- Derbyshire Dales
- High Peak
- Leicester City
- Newark and Sherwood
- Nottingham City
You do not need to be a member of the Chamber of Commerce to apply. Click here for a PDF application form - just fill it in to secure your place.
ABOUT THE COURSE
The in-depth high quality curriculum will support you to build your capabilities in leadership, innovation, digital adoption, employee engagement, marketing, responsible business, and financial management. By the end of the programme you will develop a business growth plan to help you lead your business to release its potential.
The Government's Help to Grow: Management scheme is open to small and medium-sized businesses who have between five and 249 employees. It aims to help support senior managers to boost their skills in areas including leadership, innovation, digital adoption, sustainability and employee engagement.
It is designed to fit in around you and your work commitments, delivered by DMU academics and business mentors.
The Government will fund 90% of the cost of the funding as part of a £220m package to support small business recovery and growth.
Our next course is due to start on September 29
Want to join? Click this link to email us
Why choose us?
The Leicester Castle Business School (LCBS) is part of DMU and aims to meet the needs of professionals and support lifelong learning in business. Our mission is to go beyond business as usual by fostering creative, distinctive and pioneering solutions to real-world problems. We help business leaders develop personal, interpersonal, cognitive and technical skills.
Got a question, or would like a chat?
We would love to hear from you. Drop us an email at H2GM@dmu.ac.uk and we'll take it from there.
How does the course work?
Facilitated by small business experts from DMU's Leicester Castle Business School, this practical programme takes place over 3-months and will include both online and face-to-face sessions, alongside peer support and mentoring.
The programme is built around a practical curriculum which features:
- Eight facilitated online two hour sessions
- Four practical and interactive case study workshops
- One-to-one support from a mentor, providing you with personalised support to develop your business growth plan
- Peer networking, including peer group calls that give you the opportunity to share experiences with a small group of other small business leaders
- Access to the alumni programme featuring events with inspirational speakers, business clinics and networking events
The programme will cover key areas of leadership including:
To join Help to Grow: Management, your business must:
- Be a Small or Medium-sized Enterprise (SME) based in the United Kingdom
- From any business sector, employing between 5 and 249 people
- Have been operational for at least one year
- Not be a charity
To join Help to Grow: Management, the applicant must:
- Be a decision maker or member of the senior management team within the business, such as Chief Executive, Finance Director, Operations Director etc.
- Commit to completing all sessions.