24 hour support
IT support is available throughout the night, each night of the week and all through the weekend. You can contact us for support on and off-campus by telephone.
The out-of-hours service normally operates:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday: 5pm until 8am the next morning
Friday: 5pm and throughout the weekend until 8am Monday
Call 0116 250 6050
The service provides assistance with various services and systems including:
- Blackboard - virtual learning environment
- Student and staff email
- MyDMU - the student portal
- Staff portal
- Microsoft Office suite
Please have the following information ready when using our out-of-hours service:
- Your P number from your ID card
- Your name
- A contact telephone number
- Details of the problem and any error messages you have received
- If you are disabled and would like us to prioritise your call please let the service desk analyst know at the beginning of your call, or in the text of your email
If you have password problems you should visit MyDMU and follow the link 'password self service'.
We offer screen enhancement, special display systems and adjustable workstations in campus libraries and faculty IT spaces. We can also advise on specialist software, such as speech recognition systems.
Visit the disability advice and support pages for more information, or have a look at Microsoft's accessibility tutorials.