Five GCSEs at grade C/4 or above including Maths and English.
Passes in Functional Skills and Key Skills qualifications at level 2 in maths and english can be accepted as equivalents.
Plus one of the following:
A minimum of 112 UCAS points from a minimum of two A-levels including at least two subjects at a grade C or above (excluding General Studies, key skills and music exams).
- BTEC National Diploma - BTEC normally in Health and Social Care or Applied Science at Distinction/Merit/Merit, or
- BTEC Extended Diploma - BTEC normally in Health and Social Care or Applied Science at Distinction/Merit/Merit
- Pass Access in the QAA Science or Health Professions or Nursing and Midwifery Access to HE with a minimum of 80 UCAS points.
- The Access course must have a minimum of 12 science credits (biology, chemistry or physics). If not, applicants must also have a GCSE Science grade 4 or above to meet the requirements.
- GCSE English and Maths or functional skills level 2 qualifications in English or Maths are required. The Access course must have a minimum of 12 science credits (biology, chemistry or physics), if not applicants must also have a GCSE Science grade 4 or above to meet the requirements.
We will normally require students to have had a break from full-time education before undertaking the Access course.
Professional conduct during the event will also contribute to the decision-making regarding an applicant’s application.
The recruitment process for this course includes assessing applicants by the content of their personal statement and interview for the core values of the NHS constitution.
Work experience: Yes
Applicants are required to demonstrate relevant work experience. This would normally include experience from formal or informal employment, school or college work placements, voluntary work and other relevant life experiences.
Occupational Health check: Yes
All applicants must complete a satisfactory health screening.
DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check: Yes
You submit an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service disclosure application form before starting the course (if you are overseas you will also need to submit a criminal records certificate from your home country), which needs to be cleared in accordance with DMU’s admissions policy. Contact us for up-to-date information.
English language requirements:
If English is not your first language an IELTS score of 7 overall when you start the course is essential, with a 7.0 in all componenets except writing which should be at least 6.5 . English language tuition, delivered by our British Council accredited Centre for English Language Learning (CELL), is available both before and during the course.
Please visit dmu.ac.uk/international for more information.
UCAS Tariff changes
Students applying for courses starting in September 2019 will be made offers based on the latest UCAS Tariff.