Creative Technology Studios
Our multi-million pound Creative Technology Studios feature a host of industry standard video, audio and radio production suites and two fully equipped recording studios featuring analogue and digital recording systems and surround sound monitoring.
The studios provide facilities for the acquisition, editing and distribution of video, audio and computer-generated materials and files can be shared throughout the studios via a fast computer network, enabling a seamless mixed-media workflow.
Our VFX and media facilities include:
- Over 20 High-Definition mixed media workstations, using the very latest industry-standard software such as 3Ds Max, Maya, Nuke, After Effects, and Da Vinci resolve
- Fused-media and motion-capture studios for the teaching and research of 3D image capture, modelling and display
- Industry-standard video and audio production suites
- Television studios with HD video cameras, green-screen and virtual-studio capabilities
- Two fully-equipped recording studios, featuring analogue and digital recording systems and surround sound monitoring
- A high-speed, high-definition, data backbone, enabling the integration of audio, video and computer-generated media projects Hybrid technologies, using the best of current analogue and digital media
- The film studios provide students with multi-camera, blue screen and green screen studios facilities enabling you to create videos that take advantage of colour keying to merge video with computer graphics, stock video and still images
Students discover a slice of Hollywood in Hungary
Students at De Montfort University Leicester (DMU) enjoyed exploring how state-run media works in Eastern Europe and discovering Hollywood film sets, thanks to a recent #DMUglobal trip to Hungary.
Find out more...
Your campus, your DMU
Want to find out where you would study and spend time?
We've got you covered, take a look at our Virtual Open Day to see the list of our campus buildings and student facilities.