Realise your creative and individual potential within Fashion Management and learn the key skills needed to pursue a career in this dynamic and exciting industry.
This top-up programme is designed for Level 5 students who have completed education to an HND level (Level 5) in the UK or hold an international equivalent qualification in an Art & Design or Business subject, wishing to gain a BA (Honours) qualification in Fashion Management in one year.
The focus of the programme is on fashion business and management, and you will learn about fashion buying, marketing, innovation and entrepreneurship to equip you with a thorough understanding of the product development management process from product conception to point of sale. The curriculum concludes with an individual industry-focused major research project, with the flexibility to tailor your project towards either Marketing, Management, Buying or Trend in order to pursue your own area of interest.
Completing this programme will give you the chance to progress to the Fashion Management with Marketing MA at DMU, gaining two degrees in two years.
- Understand the key elements of fashion business and management including product innovation, intellectual property law, business planning and entrepreneurship.
- Develop key buying skills such as range planning, range building, negotiation and range analysis to produce a profitable and commercial fashion range.
- Explore contemporary issues within the global fashion market place including consumer behaviour, segmentation, online and off-line fashion promotion.
- Develop entrepreneurial skills and learn how to write your own business plan for a product or business idea, considering marketing strategies, launching the product and financial forecasting.
- Our strong links with industry provide opportunities including guest lectures, work experience, placements and live projects.