Informed by a mix of contemporary methods of performance making, current scholarly thinking and historical theatrical traditions, this course is ideal for those seeking a career in a range of arts-related areas. You will engage both creatively and critically with a range of topics including acting, performing, directing and theatre for social change, while being supported to develop your own artistic vision, personal interests and aspirations.
The course offers you the opportunity to learn about Drama in a rich variety of ways by working with professional researchers, research-active academics and visiting practitioners.
You will benefit from great facilities that have contributed to DMU being recognised as a Centre for Excellence in Performance Arts – an accolade that also reflects our commitment to innovative and excellent teaching and learning.
Real-life experience is offered through undertaking placements and internships, getting involved in professional performances, going on theatre trips at home and abroad, and showcasing your work to a variety of audiences.
You can select a route through this degree in Creative Writing, Education, English Language, English Literature, Film, History, Journalism or Media.
- Benefit from our long-standing partnership with Leicester’s iconic Curve theatre. Opportunities include internships, work placements and the chance to work on or perform in an annual production, which have included Lorca’s Blood Wedding and Lucy Prebble’s Enron.
- Extensive performance opportunities for all years of study, including Exit Souls: The Drama Festival, which showcases students’ diverse work to a public audience each year.
- DMU is recognised as a Centre for Excellence in Performance Arts, with great facilities providing specialist studios and rehearsal spaces designed specifically for drama and performance learning activities.
- Select a route through this degree in Creative Writing, Education, English Language, English Literature, Film, History, Journalism or Media. These carefully chosen routes will complement and enrich your understanding of your main subject, alongside broadening your skillset to give you a wider range of career paths available upon graduation.
- Our graduates have gone on to work in theatre companies, community arts organisations and have forged careers in various aspects of media and technical theatre production.
- Take part in our international experience programme, DMU Global. Students have performed on international stages and worked with other students from all over the world, including experiencing the world-renowned International University Theatre Reunion (RITU) in Liège, Belgium.
- Benefit from the cutting edge research and practice carried out by Drama staff in the Research Institute of Drama, Dance and Performance Studies Research.
Follow us on our Drama Twitter and Facebook accounts.
DMU Sports Scholarship
Apply for the DMU Sports Scholarship, worth up to £6,000.
DMU Global High Flyers Award
Our dedicated DMU Global High Flyers Award offers ambitious students a discount of up to £1,000 towards a DMU Global opportunity (terms and conditions apply).
More courses like this:
Dance BA (Hons)
Performing Arts BA (Hons)