2014 and 2015 entry
- Five GCSEs at grade C or above, including Maths and English Language
Plus one of the following:
Minimum of 320 points (ABB)
- ABB including Chemistry and at least one of the following Biology; Maths; Physics at grade B or above. General Studies is not accepted. The third A level may be in a non-science subject or replaced by AS levels in different subjects, which must be taken at the same sitting as the A levels
- BTEC National Diploma - Science Distinction/Distinction/Merit with A level Chemistry grade B
- BTEC Extended Diploma - Science Distinction/Distinction/Merit with A level Chemistry grade B
30+ with 6 higher level points in Chemistry and another Science subject (Biology; Physics; Maths).
Pass Access to Science HE diploma with 15 level three chemistry credits at distinction. English and Maths equivalency of 12 level 2 credits in each subject required. Test will be required for English, Maths and Chemistry at approximately A2 standard.
Interview - Yes (tests only no interview) - at the discretion of the admissions team
Work Experience : No
You will be expected to comply with the UHL uniform policy for your placements. You must complete an occupational health check, declaration form and enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service disclosure application form before starting the course, which needs to be cleared in accordance with DMU's admission policy. Contact us for up-to-date information
International Students : If English is not your first language, we require an English language level of IELTS 7.0 or equivalent. English language tuition is available at DMU both before and during the course if required.
Country specific Information
Personal Statement selection criteria
- Clear communication skills, including good grammar and spelling
- Information relevant to the course applied for
- Interest in the course demonstrated with explanation and evidence
- If relevant for the course - work and life experience.