- Five GCSEs at grade C or above, including Maths and English Language
Plus one of the following:
- A minimum of 300 points from Chemistry and at least one of the following Biology; Maths; Physics at grade C or above. General Studies is not accepted. The third A level may be in a non-science subject or replaced by AS levels in different subjects, which must be taken at the same sitting as the A levels.
- BTEC National Diploma - Science Distinction/Distinction/Merit with Chemistry A level at grade C
- BTEC Extended Diploma - Science Distinction/Distinction/Merit with Chemistry A level at grade C
30+ with six higher level points in Chemistry and another Science subject (Biology; Physics; Maths).
Access Course (started before September 2014)
Pass Access to Science HE diploma with 15 level three chemistry credits at distinction. English and Maths equivalency of 12 level two credits in each subject required. Test will be required for English, Maths and Chemistry at approximately A2 standard.
Access to HE Diploma (started from September 2014)
Pass QAA Accredited AHE (Science) with 15 level three credits at Distinction in Chemistry, and English and Maths GCSE at grade C or above. Tests for English, Maths and Chemistry are required for Access applicants.
Interview: Yes (tests only no interview) - at the discretion of the admissions team
Work experience: No
You will be expected to comply with the UHL uniform policy for your placements. You must complete an occupational health check, declaration form and enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service disclosure application form before starting the course, which needs to be cleared in accordance with DMU's admission policy. Contact us for up-to-date information
English language requirements:
If English is not your first language an IELTS score of 7 or equivalent when you start the course is essential. English language tuition, delivered by our British Council accredited Centre for English Language Learning (CELL), is available both before and during the course.
Please visit dmu.ac.uk/international for more information.
Personal Statement selection criteria
- Clear communication skills, including good grammar and spelling
- Information relevant to the course applied for
- Interest in the course demonstrated with explanation and evidence
- If relevant for the course - work and life experience