- Five GCSEs at grade C or above, including Maths and English Language
Plus one of the following:
- A minimum of 128 points from 3 A Levels including Chemistry, and at least one of the following: Biology; Maths; Physics; Psychology at grade B or above. (General Studies is not accepted)
The third A level may be in a non-science subject or replaced by AS levels in different subjects, which must be taken at the same sitting as the A levels.
- BTEC National Diploma - Science Distinction/Distinction/Merit with Chemistry A level at grade B
30+ with six higher level points in Chemistry and another Science subject (Biology; Physics; Psychology; Maths).
Access Course (started before September 2014)
Pass Access to Science HE diploma with 15 level three chemistry credits at distinction plus 15 additional level three science credits at merit. English and Maths equivalency of 12 level two credits in each subject required. Test will be required for English, Maths and Chemistry at approximately A2 standard.
Access to HE Diploma (started from September 2014)
Pass QAA Accredited AHE (Science) with 15 level three credits at Distinction in Chemistry plus 15 additional level three science credits at merit, and English and Maths GCSE at grade C or above.
Selection event: All applicants will be invited to attend a selection event or selection interview.
Work experience : None required
Personal Statement selection criteria
- Clear communication skills, including good grammar and spelling
- Information relevant to the course applied for
- Interest in the course demonstrated with explanation and evidence
If relevant for the course - work and life experience.
English language requirements:
If English is not your first language an IELTS score of 6.5, with no element at lower than 6.0, or equivalent when you start the course is essential. English language tuition, delivered by our British Council accredited Centre for English Language Learning (CELL), is available both before and during the course.
Please visit dmu.ac.uk/international for more information.
You must complete a declaration form and enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service disclosure application form before starting the course, which needs to be cleared in accordance with DMU's admission policy. An additional self declaration form covering occupational health and fitness to study pharmacy are completed upon enrolment. Contact us for up-to-date information.
UCAS Tariff changes
Students applying for courses starting in September 2017 will be made offers based on a new UCAS Tariff. Find out more.