Find out more about studying at DMU, your area if study and the amazing opportunities available to DMU students.
This course has a unique balance of key analytical subjects and professional skills, which are necessary in industry.
Reasons to study Mechanical Engineering (Integrated Master's) at De Montfort University:
- We could help you find a work experience placement. Engineering students have taken part in work experience placements at BMW AG, Airbus UK and Siemens. Work placements give you valuable work experience where you will learn relevant and transferrable skills, such as team working, communication and problem solving
- With this degree, you could go into industries including aerospace, defence and energy as well as the manufacturing of industrial and domestic products, pharmaceuticals, furniture and foods
- After two years you have the option to undertake a placement year in industry. We know that employers do hire placement students, so a placement year could lead to a job when you graduate
- You can join the Formula 1 student team, DMU Racing. You’ll have the chance to take part in the largest student racing competition in the world, design and build a race-car and make friends along the way
- #DMUglobal offers international experiences to all of our students, allowing you to pursue an international area of interest.
Mechanical engineering is vital to all aspects of our everyday lives. It covers the design, development, installation, operation and maintenance of just about anything that has movable parts. This could be from massive structures such as oil platforms, to large jet engines and single valves. We’ve made sure that the range of specialist modules studied on this course reflects different aspects of mechanical engineering and can lead to a career for graduates.
This integrated Master’s programme has a unique balance of key theoretical knowledge and practical skills, ensuring that you graduate with the confidence to face challenging engineering situations in industry. The management skills necessary to operate successfully in modern industry are promoted and developed at all stages of the course.
MEng Programmes are four-year Programmes and the BEng Programmes are three-year Programmes. At the end of year two, students have the option of undertaking a placement in industry.
“Thanks to DMU I am living my dream and working on real-life engineering projects.”
Rhiannon Williams, Mechanical Engineering BEng (Hons), Co-founder of DMU Racing
More courses like this:
Electronic Engineering BEng (Hons)
Electronic Engineering MEng (Hons)
Engineering Year Zero (Foundation)
Mechanical Engineering BEng (Hons)
Mechatronics BEng (Hons)
Mechatronics (Integrated Masters)