About the course
Book your place on our next University Open Day - Saturday 9 January 2016
Graphic Design at DMU will encourage you to explore and establish your skills through projects in graphic communication, with an emphasis on creativity, visualisation, graphic literacy and problem solving.
Reasons to study Graphic Design at DMU Leicester:
- More than 93% of recent graduates were in work or further study within six months of graduating*
- We have excellent specialist facilities, including Mac-equipped computer suites.
- Your teaching staff will be practising designers with a great range and breadth of experience
- You could take part in a work placement during your course which would help you to gain the transferrable skills employers in your sector look for
- Our graduates have gone on to work for global companies such as; Net A Porter, Warner Music, Bauer Media, Morse Studio, Mammal, Commercial Art, 19 Grams, Groovebulb, Six, New English, Tudor Rose and Bulb Studio
- You can spend time working with professional clients through the F10 design society to develop your practical and professional skills
- We give all of our students the chance for an international experience with #DMUglobal, which could add a career-enhancing international skill or experience to your CV
Negotiated projects, competitions and industry projects (such as the Young Creatives Network) alongside specialist options help develop your personal creative, academic and practical skills and achieve your potential.
You will work on a series of major personal projects to build your portfolio and professional skills. You will also undertake live design briefs from industry and participate in national and international competitions such as the Starpack Awards. You will get a unique opportunity to experience what it takes to be a successful graphic designer and graduate with a portfolio demonstrating your capabilities and talents.
Teaching staff are practising designers with a range of experience. They have close industry links allowing you to spend time working with professional clients, such as the Design Society. You will also have the opportunity to gain ownership of significant parts of the course on the Gurus and Grasshoppers mentoring scheme, where final year students mentor new students.