De Montfort University Leicester (DMU) offers all postgraduate students a programme of professional development and industry experience. From one-on-one coaching and a packed calendar of employer events, to a host of exciting opportunities such as DMU Global trips and mentoring from industry professionals, we have your career needs covered. Students studying remotely are also able to gain access and support to our DMU Works team and services as those studying on campus.
At DMU we understand the importance of combining both academic and professional development support to help you gain the most out of your postgraduate study and further develop your career.
DMU’s careers and employability service, known as DMU Works, has been named the Best University Careers/Employability Service in the whole of the UK at the National Undergraduate Employability (NUE) Awards in February 2021. Our award-winning careers support means that by studying with us you will also benefit from our careers commitment, giving you access to:
- An expansive development programme of workshops, bootcamps, training, and professional insights.
- Unlimited 1-1 careers coaching from our trained advisers, both during your studies and after you graduate.
- Real industry experience through virtual and in-person employer talks, insight visits, placements (availability dependent on course) and employability mentoring with companies such as Bosch, Disney, IBM, Intel, Jaguar Land Rover, Matalan, McAfee, Meggitt Aerospace, PwC, Rolls-Royce and Siemens.
- Access 24/7 to digital tools including LinkedIn Learning courses, practice interviews, self-assessments, and personalised CV feedback through the DMU Works Skills Hub.
- Opportunities to work on business consultancy projects or undertake a sandwich year placement as part of your course, providing real work experience (availability dependent on course).
- Real-world experience and teaching by academic staff, business owners, guest speakers and lectures from inspiring industry leaders.
- Lifelong careers support for all DMU alumni, ensuring ongoing career advice from DMU and access to networking opportunities, recruitment fairs, our DMU graduate jobs portal and expert one-to-one advice even after you graduate.
Our postgraduates have gone on to work at major employers in the UK and internationally, start their own businesses, and become respected leaders in their fields. Whether you’re starting your career, making a career change, or looking to develop in your current role, we’re here to make sure your postgraduate degree takes you further. Students studying remotely are also able to gain access and support to our DMU Works team and services as those studying on campus.